discover a comprehensive directory of free and low cost camps check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about Melbourne City Caravans Pet Accessories Secura Lifestyle special offer 6x6 Australia
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Thanks again, Greens Lake...


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Date:
Thanks again, Greens Lake...


Thanks to those at Greens Lake for your friendship during this past week. I enjoyed my week beside the lake. It was a hard trip because it was my first trip away since losing my Susie.

Thanks, Dave, Doug, Faye and Marj for your company at Happy Hours.

I am now safely in Mansfield waiting for my family to arrive for a weekend of memories...

 

23627303_10155235142528721_637130692_o.jpg

 

 

4A742A32-A9DD-41AA-A8A9-8D2AF853012E.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Mike Wharton

2014 Ford Ranger XLS

Retreat Keppel 

www.timetoretreat.com



Chief one feather

Status: Offline
Posts: 14473
Date:

Ahh, the serenity. Nice spot Mike. Does it have a 'Pool' room :)

It was good to see you again. You got out just in time too. Bucketing down all day. 3 not so happy campers got bogged, one real bad near Dave.

__________________

Live Life On Your Terms

DOUG  Chief One Feather  (Losing feathers with age)

TUG.......2014 Holden LT Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Canopy

DEN....... "Chief" Arrow CV  (with some changes)

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Date:

Dougwe wrote:

Ahh, the serenity. Nice spot Mike. Does it have a 'Pool' room :)

It was good to see you again. You got out just in time too. Bucketing down all day. 3 not so happy campers got bogged, one real bad near Dave.


 

Yes, Doug, it has a separate room that has large screen TV and a nice sized snooker table. The place has a swimming pool, spa, air-conditioner in every room. It is magnificent and we are so grateful to the owner for making it available at no charge at least 2 to 3 times a year.

I woke at 6.45 am to the rain on the van and decided to get up and get going. I am glad I did. The weather was not too bad on the way here but it is bucketing down here now too.

Was the one next to Dave a motorhome? If it was I spoke to them last night and told them I had moved to make sure I did not get stuck. They were leaving today and were down that way. I hope they are ok and get out ok.

 

 



__________________


Mike Wharton

2014 Ford Ranger XLS

Retreat Keppel 

www.timetoretreat.com



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12394
Date:

Sorry to have missed your departure Mike. I will be back there tomorrow Thursday morning.
Have a lovely weekend with the family, will be thinking of you on this occasion.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Date:

Happywanderer wrote:

Sorry to have missed your departure Mike. I will be back there tomorrow Thursday morning.
Have a lovely weekend with the family, will be thinking of you on this occasion.


Thanks Marj. May the roads before you be all smooth and refreshing. 



__________________


Mike Wharton

2014 Ford Ranger XLS

Retreat Keppel 

www.timetoretreat.com



Chief one feather

Status: Offline
Posts: 14473
Date:

revemike wrote:
Dougwe wrote:

Ahh, the serenity. Nice spot Mike. Does it have a 'Pool' room :)

It was good to see you again. You got out just in time too. Bucketing down all day. 3 not so happy campers got bogged, one real bad near Dave.


 

Yes, Doug, it has a separate room that has large screen TV and a nice sized snooker table. The place has a swimming pool, spa, air-conditioner in every room. It is magnificent and we are so grateful to the owner for making it available at no charge at least 2 to 3 times a year.

I woke at 6.45 am to the rain on the van and decided to get up and get going. I am glad I did. The weather was not too bad on the way here but it is bucketing down here now too.

Was the one next to Dave a motorhome? If it was I spoke to them last night and told them I had moved to make sure I did not get stuck. They were leaving today and were down that way. I hope they are ok and get out ok.

 

 


 

Yes Mike it was. Not very happy campers, he and his wife. There is another one that was next to them and are stranded until dry enough now. If no rain today they will get out soon. 

 



__________________

Live Life On Your Terms

DOUG  Chief One Feather  (Losing feathers with age)

TUG.......2014 Holden LT Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Canopy

DEN....... "Chief" Arrow CV  (with some changes)

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5265
Date:

Yes Iām there if itās the lake at Alarat ? Just set up awning ground cover etc . Wind and rain 2 minutes after sitting in chairs . Ahhh !! Suns out this morning . Lake breeze is a little cool .. Canāt complain too much is shorts and T shirt .. Nice, very nice area ..

__________________
Whats out there


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5265
Date:

4C828029-A544-48D1-BFCD-F6717B2FA7D5.jpeg



Attachments
__________________
Whats out there


The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12394
Date:

Aus-kiwi. This is Greens Lake Corop.
Not Ararat.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook