check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel SmartBar Solid GPS Caravan Tracking System Caframo Fans Landbase Australia - your personal postie Join our team at Wilmar Dog Travel Accessories
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Covid-19
msg


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Covid-19
Permalink Closed


" While most of us are going about our business and leisure as if the pandemic were behind us, it is worth remembering that the national capital is experiencing around 1000 new cases a day.

And there are dozens of people in hospital with the virus, and dying with it, albeit mostly elderly.

More people have died with the virus this year in the ACT (43) than in the previous two years (12), including four last week.

Fortunately, the latest variants appear less severe than earlier ones, although COVID remains an illness one does not want to get, with a bunch of possible long-term impacts."

From the free online paper   "The Riot Act".

Be warned: COVID is still out there, and winter is coming | Riotact (the-riotact.com)    Author: 9 May 2022 | Ian Bushnell

Its finally out there,  its OK for the elderly to die of COVID they don't really count.

 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3035
Date:
Permalink Closed

I think the author of that piece is sympathetic. It's the comments by the readers that are heartless and cruel.

__________________

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."

Lucius Cornelius Sulla - died 78 BC 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1590
Date:
Permalink Closed

people are not wearing masks ,they think they are safe , they have had the vax . i have spoken to a few people that have had covid lately an quite few have been very sick even having had the vax .

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:
Permalink Closed

Read somewhere recently that more people have died in the past 4 months Australia wide than for the whole term of the pandemic before that period.
Not completely sure if that is correct.
No way we're letting our guard down, most of them have been wrinklies like us.

__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 

msg


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Permalink Closed

its OK for the elderly to die of COVID they don't really count.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5100
Date:
Permalink Closed

86GTS wrote:

Read somewhere recently that more people have died in the past 4 months Australia wide than for the whole term of the pandemic before that period.
Not completely sure if that is correct.
No way we're letting our guard down, most of them have been wrinklies like us.


 A lot more so far this year than the combination totals of the previous 2 years.

 

Our capital is simply being freed up for the next generation!



__________________

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

50L custom fuel rack 6x20W 100/20mppt 4x26Ah gel 28L super insulated fridge TPMS 3 ARB compressors heatsink fan cooled 4L tank aftercooler Air/water OCD cleaning 4 stage car acoustic insulation.

msg


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Permalink Closed

Not only the capital. Check your own area. If you have Nursing homes there will be lots of spaces.  And its OK.

 



-- Edited by msg on Monday 9th of May 2022 03:28:27 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5100
Date:
Permalink Closed

ABS 

2020 - 905 dead 

2021 - 1229 dead 

2022 - January only 422 dead, no further figures.

 

 

 

 



__________________

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

50L custom fuel rack 6x20W 100/20mppt 4x26Ah gel 28L super insulated fridge TPMS 3 ARB compressors heatsink fan cooled 4L tank aftercooler Air/water OCD cleaning 4 stage car acoustic insulation.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5100
Date:
Permalink Closed

Whenarewethere wrote:
86GTS wrote:

Read somewhere recently that more people have died in the past 4 months Australia wide than for the whole term of the pandemic before that period.
Not completely sure if that is correct.
No way we're letting our guard down, most of them have been wrinklies like us.


 A lot more so far this year than the combination totals of the previous 2 years.

 

Our capital is simply being freed up for the next generation!


 In other words our wealth is required by relatives.



__________________

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

50L custom fuel rack 6x20W 100/20mppt 4x26Ah gel 28L super insulated fridge TPMS 3 ARB compressors heatsink fan cooled 4L tank aftercooler Air/water OCD cleaning 4 stage car acoustic insulation.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:
Permalink Closed

Whenarewethere wrote:
Whenarewethere wrote:
86GTS wrote:

Read somewhere recently that more people have died in the past 4 months Australia wide than for the whole term of the pandemic before that period.
Not completely sure if that is correct.
No way we're letting our guard down, most of them have been wrinklies like us.


 A lot more so far this year than the combination totals of the previous 2 years.

 

Our capital is simply being freed up for the next generation!


 In other words our wealth is required by relatives.


 We haven't even started spending the money that our parents left us when they passed away. We're both 71 years old.

Quite frankly we can't think of anything to spend it on.

So if we go soon our kids will inherit two generations worth.



__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3066
Date:
Permalink Closed

There have been over 3000 die in Victoria alone , When.

ps got our flu jab as well now.

__________________

Cheers Craig



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 4259
Date:
Permalink Closed

We still do the mask thing, socially distance & 'wash' hands in & out of shops.  We go to a local suburban Supermarket rather than the nearby mega Shopping Centre.   

Have had 4 shots & flu as soon as they were available to us.

No Covid so far, unlike our neighbours & a few of our grandkids.

I do my bit with booze too, just in case it has a positive effect.  LOL.



__________________

See Ya ... Cupie




Chief one feather

Status: Offline
Posts: 16930
Date:
Permalink Closed

Alcohol is known to kill a Virus in it's tracks Graham. It also helps the economy and keeps someone in a job.

Well done mate.

__________________

Live Life On Your Terms

DOUG  Chief One Feather  (Losing feathers with age)

TUG.......2014 Holden LT Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Canopy

DEN....... 2014 "Chief" Arrow CV  (with some changes)

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3066
Date:
Permalink Closed

Thanks Dr Tooheys, then

__________________

Cheers Craig



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1826
Date:
Permalink Closed

Believe me, it is NOT nice!
I know it affects people differently but it's certainly not a laughing matter (Mr Palmer, Mr Trump)! Luckily we could isolate in a great caravan park in Cunnamulla without affecting others.

Stay away from music festivals - that's how my daughter caught it, now her family. I blame one in Broken Hill for ours as at Cobar CP we were jammed in like sardines. Most of the other tourists had been to the BH festival & the ABC News reported a large breakout of Covid there.

__________________

Warren

----------------

If you don't get it done today, there's always tomorrow!

2019 Isuzu D-Max dual cab, canopy; 2011 17' Jayco Discovery Outback



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:
Permalink Closed

Warren-Pat_01 wrote:

Believe me, it is NOT nice!
I know it affects people differently but it's certainly not a laughing matter (Mr Palmer, Mr Trump)! Luckily we could isolate in a great caravan park in Cunnamulla without affecting others.

Stay away from music festivals - that's how my daughter caught it, now her family. I blame one in Broken Hill for ours as at Cobar CP we were jammed in like sardines. Most of the other tourists had been to the BH festival & the ABC News reported a large breakout of Covid there.


 Keep way from CP's, the steamy atmosphere in the amenities block is germ transfer heaven.

That's how our daughter in law & grand daughter got it.



__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:
Permalink Closed

The politicians are wrong and the epidemiologists are right, this pandemic is NOT over.

 

Mask up and keep your vaccinations up to date.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 268
Date:
Permalink Closed

Buzz Lightbulb wrote:

The politicians are wrong and the epidemiologists are right, this pandemic is NOT over.

 

Mask up and keep your vaccinations up to date.


 Its over for young healthy people but us oldies will have to cope with it for many years to come.

How does the saying go?

Winners are grinners, losers can please themselves.

We're the losers.



__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:
Permalink Closed

ABS

 

2020 - 905 dead

 

2021 - 1229 dead

 

2022 - January only 422 dead, no further figures.

 

 

 

Also from the ABS:-

 

(In 2020) COVID-19 was the 38th leading cause of death.

 

In Australia, in 2020

 

5,148 people died from diabetes

 

4,019 died from urinary tract infections

 

3,395 died from accidental falls

 

3,139 people committed suicide

 

2,287 died from influenza (excluding lower respiratory diseases which number 7,102)

 

BUT, please do continue to worry about dying due to COVID-19!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 936
Date:
Permalink Closed

Mein wrote:

ABS

 

2020 - 905 dead

 

2021 - 1229 dead

 

2022 - January only 422 dead, no further figures.

 

 

 

Also from the ABS:-

 

(In 2020) COVID-19 was the 38th leading cause of death.

 

In Australia, in 2020

 

5,148 people died from diabetes

 

4,019 died from urinary tract infections

 

3,395 died from accidental falls

 

3,139 people committed suicide

 

2,287 died from influenza (excluding lower respiratory diseases which number 7,102)

 

BUT, please do continue to worry about dying due to COVID-19!


 It's not just death. Long COVID-19 is a terrible condition.

 

My niece is a nurse and she said avoid it by any means. The virus gets into all parts of the body including the brain. We don't know yet but early indications are that it affects heart function over long periods.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 668
Date:
Permalink Closed

I am not sure of the meaning of the last line in Mein above post, "BUT, please do continue to worry about dying due to COVID-19!"
Perhaps he could explain, because it can be taken two ways?
just saying!!
Ian

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:
Permalink Closed

Hey Ian

If you prefer to take it two ways, I'm not going to judge you so, no further comment from me.

Just saying!!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5103
Date:
Permalink Closed

I recently did a trip from West Australia. to Tamworth NSW

I was in a covid bubble with two other people, from Victoria

I did not see many people wearing masks

I think that it has got to the stage of, out of sight is out of mind

I wear a mask, and have recently had my fourth covid jab, and my annual flu shot

I would prefer not to get covid

West Australia has recorded over 15,000 positives, for the last three days

I read somewhere, that someone in West Australia, wants the wearing of masks compulsory.
When inside venues

__________________

Tony

It cost nothing to be polite



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:
Permalink Closed

Waste of time getting booster shots,only last 4 - 6 weeks,more people vaccinated and more are dieing.

zzz.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3035
Date:
Permalink Closed

The current incremental COVID death rate in the USA is 1 death per 362 new infections.

The current incremental COVID death rate in Australia is 1 death per 1000 new infections.

That's a difference of 3x. I'd say the vaccines are working.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/australia

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

 

 



__________________

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."

Lucius Cornelius Sulla - died 78 BC 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 751
Date:
Permalink Closed

The Government site also gives data.

www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/case-numbers-and-statistics

Have a look at the charts on WorldoMeter and you will clearly see that this year 2022 is the most contagious and by far the most deadly.

I just love the afficted how they try to turn things around to justify their lack of understanding, I'm immunocomprimised and with the current cases going thru the roof I'm still wearing a mask and the sneers one gets really makes you think about the mentality and mental health of the afflicted.



__________________

Kebbin



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 837
Date:
Permalink Closed

Plain Truth wrote:

Waste of time getting booster shots,only last 4 - 6 weeks,more people vaccinated and more are dieing.

zzz.jpg


 And this comes from a highly credible publication, I think not



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 668
Date:
Permalink Closed

Mein wrote:

Hey Ian

If you prefer to take it two ways, I'm not going to judge you so, no further comment from me.

Just saying!!


 No I would NOT like to take it two ways, just trying to figure exactly what you meant

Why is this so wrong, well according to you obviously.!!

Ianno



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Date:
Permalink Closed

Gundog wrote:
Plain Truth wrote:

Waste of time getting booster shots,only last 4 - 6 weeks,more people vaccinated and more are dieing.

zzz.jpg


 And this comes from a highly credible publication, I think not


 Why don't you do a little research on you own,that report was up to April 19th.2022 it stood at 6,786 deaths

This the Australian govt figures now,if you want to believe them.

zdeaths.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1144
Date:
Permalink Closed

Plain Truth wrote:

Waste of time getting booster shots,only last 4 - 6 weeks,more people vaccinated and more are dieing.

zzz.jpg




Personally I think the increase in deaths is caused by the easing of restrictions and complacency.
Landy

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook