check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel SmartBar Canegrowers rearview170 Cobb Grill Skid Row Recovery Gear Caravan Industry Association of Australia
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Have we lost Mike


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1337
Date:
Have we lost Mike


I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet. I maybe gone in the near future, but that would be that the computer died, and I won't be replacing it.



-- Edited by Bicyclecamper on Sunday 27th of March 2022 10:10:42 PM

__________________

Ric - The Eccentric One



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2061
Date:

Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet. I maybe gone in the near future, but that would be that the computer died, and I won't be replacing it.



-- Edited by Bicyclecamper on Sunday 27th of March 2022 10:10:42 PM


 Thx. Glad to hear he is ok.



__________________

Sta



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 2027
Date:

probably just got tired of the nit pickers ect and found something else to occupy his time

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5378
Date:

oldbloke wrote:
Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet. I maybe gone in the near future, but that would be that the computer died, and I won't be replacing it.



-- Edited by Bicyclecamper on Sunday 27th of March 2022 10:10:42 PM


 Thx. Glad to hear he is ok.


 X 2

Glad to hear he is OK



__________________

Tony

It cost nothing to be polite



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1317
Date:

Tony Bev wrote:

oldbloke wrote:
Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet. I maybe gone in the near future, but that would be that the computer died, and I won't be replacing it.



-- Edited by Bicyclecamper on Sunday 27th of March 2022 10:10:42 PM


 Thx. Glad to hear he is ok.


 X 2

Glad to hear he is OK





X3 . Travel safely Mike.

__________________
In life it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 877
Date:

Good to hear he is ok.

Dont blame him for not posting anymore.

I would have a guess that he still has a look at the rubbish on here.

Actually it is interesting to go back a while on the posts and note those that gave good solid and accurate information to others, rarely contribute now.if at all.

My observation from experience is that for every newbie coming on here there is in almost every case, an old bolted on member that pops up to denegrate their comments,

Too many self opinions on topics and not enough respect and courtesy. Some on here need to get there jollies on Facebook.
That forum is packed with argumentative clowns and know it alls.


__________________

Welcome to Biggs Country many may know it as Australia

This members posts may contain;

The actual truth

If offended, scroll on by.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Date:

It is a shame to lose a contributing member for any reason.

Ivan, I know you copped a bit from one or two a while back so I understand your comments.

I think at times some decide through a their own inadequacies that they may be an authority on a given topic where in real life they have a view that only represents their experience.

Most forums are similar some being worse than others.
I participate in a couple that are very strict with what is tolerated.

As with the others, I am glad that Mike H is OK and I wish him well.

__________________

Stu



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

On all kinds of forums, members come & go, the main thing is that the forum continues on in a constructive way.
Same situation in sport, the club is more important than the individual.
I've unsubscribed from a number of forums, mainly because they no longer interest me.
The forums that I avoid are ones with an inner circle of members that try to dominate all the rest.
Sometimes some members of forums need a cooling off period if things aren't going their way & then all of a sudden they resurface again.

__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 743
Date:

86GTS wrote:

On all kinds of forums, members come & go, the main thing is that the forum continues on in a constructive way.
Same situation in sport, the club is more important than the individual.
I've unsubscribed from a number of forums, mainly because they no longer interest me.
The forums that I avoid are ones with an inner circle of members that try to dominate all the rest.
Sometimes some members of forums need a cooling off period if things aren't going their way & then all of a sudden they resurface again.


The last 2 lines of the above are so so true on this very Forum.no

Agree 100% 86GTS.

cheers

Ian



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1545
Date:

Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet. I maybe gone in the near future, but that would be that the computer died, and I won't be replacing it.


 So, have we lost Mike from the forum or is he coming back?



__________________

Jeff & Rae travelling in a motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2812
Date:

Sitting back with an ale or a red laughing about all the fuss, no doubt.    yawn



__________________

Make it Snappy......Bob

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1545
Date:

Probably correct Bobdown, he's been back today.

__________________

Jeff & Rae travelling in a motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 743
Date:

Its been quiet and peaceful since he's been gone, well, I guess that's about to change
Ianbiggrin



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 765
Date:

We enjoy getting away from it all with no phone or internet reception.
Its a kind of cleansing experience for the brain without all the crap.
Highly recommended now & again.

__________________

Nature, the cathedral of awe.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 4706
Date:

Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet.


I don't recall doing so....



__________________

 

"I beseech you in the bowels of Christ think it possible you may be mistaken"

Oliver Cromwell, 3rd August 1650 - in a letter to the General Assembly of the Kirk of Scotland



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1485
Date:

Mike Harding wrote:
Bicyclecamper wrote:

I know where he is and why he is gone, but he asked me to keep it quiet.


I don't recall doing so....


 Hahaha this gave me a little giggle,

BC might be the mate you didnt know you had. biggrin biggrin



__________________

Regards

Rob

Chairman of the Bored



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3803
Date:

Have spoken to Mike in the last couple of days, yes, he has moved on and tells me he won't be returning, perhaps he will have a change of heart, who knows.

He is fine and has started a forum of his own.

If anyone wants further information I'm open to receiving PM's.smile

 

 



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1050
Date:

I think many on here have respected Mike's comments from time to time (regardless of agreement/disagreement). Send him a message. You may be surprised where it leads. Ditto on Santa's comments.


__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 418
Date:

I guess with most people that want to argue and not go with the flow, as it seems a lot of people on here are happy to do, things get the better of you. Not sure about Mike, ever who he is however it takes its toll on people trying to keep the persona up/argument up when it is only a discussion forum. If you want to disagree/argue you will get worn down, people start off trying to be constructive, helpful or have their own opinion, not to be ridiculed..

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3968
Date:

gold dandelion wrote:

I guess with most people that want to argue and not go with the flow, as it seems a lot of people on here are happy to do, things get the better of you. Not sure about Mike, ever who he is however it takes its toll on people trying to keep the persona up/argument up when it is only a discussion forum. If you want to disagree/argue you will get worn down, people start off trying to be constructive, helpful or have their own opinion, not to be ridiculed..


From my previous private discussions with Mike, he wanted to set up his own forum so that people on both sides could argue freely, without the fear that the thread would be deleted or closed. 



__________________

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."

Lucius Cornelius Sulla - died 78 BC 

 



Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 2027
Date:

the argument, discussion side of things is one thing but threads seem to get closed down on this forum when the personal attacks start

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8498
Date:

Mike is very knowledgeable and a great source of information on electronics and radio, who is always helpful and informative when asked to help solve technical problems.

I am sure if you sent him a direct message query, he would assist you.

I for one, am very pleased to call him "Mate" (even if he is a Pom).

It is not my place to discuss his personal reasons for not participating as often at the moment.

__________________

Possum; AKA:- Ali El-Aziz Mohamed Gundawiathan

Sent from my imperial66 typewriter using carrier pigeon, message sticks and smoke signals.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

Threads and posts are usually deleted for a very good reason and it is not just because some delicate flower in his or her pop top was called a nasty name.

I love robust discussion and couldn't care less what is posted in reply. However, allowing some comments to flow back and forth completely without editing or deleting can lead to some pretty expensive issues.

It is then a case of having very long pockets or maximum insurance if you allowed and assisted the publication.

I look forward to seeing his forum. I can just imagine some of the posters who have been punted from this forum "getting the band back together" so to speak.

Could be a bit of spin off work coming for the legal profession.



-- Edited by DMaxer on Tuesday 23rd of May 2023 11:35:52 AM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3968
Date:

DMaxer wrote:

I look forward to seeing his forum. I can just imagine some of the posters who have been punted from this forum "getting the band back together" so to speak.

Could be a bit of spin off work coming for the legal profession.


There's plenty of work for you here, Dmaxer:

https://groups.google.com/g/aus.politics

Not a place for our delicate flowers.



__________________

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full."

Lucius Cornelius Sulla - died 78 BC 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1890
Date:

Not me Dorian. I couldnt be bothered. They certainly get themselves into a lather though.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 411
Date:

DMaxer wrote:

Not me Dorian. I couldnt be bothered. They certainly get themselves into a lather though.


 Your not wrong there DMaxer



__________________

Age does not weary us, makes us go travelling more



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 134
Date:

A new poster here but long time reader, with some frustrations admittedly, my own fault for sitting on the side.

I feel the standard here may very well increase now that the person mentioned has departed to start his own forum.

In my opinion, if some of his many followers were to follow him, this forum would become far less toxic.

This, I believe, would encourage new members and posters to post without fear of being intiminated and belittled.

I hope this is the case

Basher

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3803
Date:

I suspect basher is not quite as new to this forum as he would have us believe.wink



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 134
Date:

And what makes you say that, 2 x posts from me and already I'm being challenged, both by you Santa!

Perhaps you should join, you know who!

Basher

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 2027
Date:

a rose by any other name is still smells like a rose

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook