check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about Boosters for Mobiles SmartBar Ampfibian
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: ChieF Dougwe & Craig Weather the STORM


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1315
Date:
ChieF Dougwe & Craig Weather the STORM


Well, we weathered the Storms and WON!!.    Storm win N R L Grand Final. Good job they had big shoulders to carry the Sydney siders biased commentary and snide remarks.



__________________

Cheers Craig



Chief one feather

Status: Offline
Posts: 16229
Date:

...and what a game it was too Craig. That last 10 minutes nearly had me in hospital with a heart attack watching the end and I tell you that for free.

I had one out of three wins this year.

In order..

Some might not know but I was heavily involved in Baseball here in OZ and have also and as well even, always followed Atlanta Braves in MLB in the USofA. Well, they just missed out on getting into the World Series, being played now. A big Bugga with that one. They were very consistent this year. Consistent in being in-consistent. I yell at them what to do but for some reason they just don't listen.


Geelong Cats, not my team but was cheering them on, lost AFL. I did pick the player of the match though.


Melbourne Storm won NRL in a great game last night. I also picked the player of the match.


Well done Storm.




Keep Safe on the roads and out there.


__________________

Live Life On Your Terms

DOUG  Chief One Feather  (Losing feathers with age)

TUG.......2014 Holden LT Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Canopy

DEN....... 2014 "Chief" Arrow CV  (with some changes)

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3868
Date:

Craig1 wrote:

Well, we weathered the Storms and WON!!.    Storm win N R L Grand Final. Good job they had big shoulders to carry the Sydney siders biased commentary and snide remarks.


 That bloody Gus Gould never changes.   Why Ch9 sticks with him I'll never know.  We just turn off the sound when he starts his usual rants.

 

A great win to the Sunshine Coast Storm ...  largely due to the Logan Lad.  Certainly not due to some poor refereeing.

 

I got two out of two .. Storm & Broncos 'Ladies'.  I don't follow kick & giggle / Aerial ping pong.  A good day.



-- Edited by Cupie on Tuesday 27th of October 2020 12:14:41 AM

__________________

See Ya ... Cupie


Teo


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Date:

Hey Cupie. State or Origin coming coming up, so your chance to get another earful of the so called guru. I did see on Facebook, some guy said that if he could get 1000 signatures on a petition Ch 9 would give Gould the flick. I tried to find where to sign but no luck.

__________________
Teo


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3868
Date:

Teo wrote:

Hey Cupie. State or Origin coming coming up, so your chance to get another earful of the so called guru. I did see on Facebook, some guy said that if he could get 1000 signatures on a petition Ch 9 would give Gould the flick. I tried to find where to sign but no luck.


 The NRL & their masters Ch 9 (Does this stand for National Rugby League or NSW Rugby League? I think the latter) continue to display their bias.

https://theworldnews.net/au-news/australia-unloads-on-gus-gould-disgrace

I await the upcoming SOO with a high degree of trepidation .. but we have done it before .. Just look back at Fattie's nobodies ... 

We will follow our usual practice of watching with all the doors & windows closed, to protect the neighbour's sensitivities, and with the TV sound turned ight down.



__________________

See Ya ... Cupie




Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1637
Date:

Cupie wrote:
Craig1 wrote:

Well, we weathered the Storms and WON!!.    Storm win N R L Grand Final. Good job they had big shoulders to carry the Sydney siders biased commentary and snide remarks.


 That bloody Gus Gould never changes.   Why Ch9 sticks with him I'll never know.  We just turn off the sound when he starts his usual rants.

 

A great win to the Sunshine Coast Storm ...  largely due to the Logan Lad.  Certainly not due to some poor refereeing.

 

I got two out of two .. Storm & Broncos 'Ladies'.  I don't follow kick & giggle / Aerial ping pong.  A good day.



-- Edited by Cupie on Tuesday 27th of October 2020 12:14:41 AM


For those old enough to remember the Melbourne Storm were formed at the end of the Superleague war and made up of players relocated from the old Hunter Mariners and the Perth Reds clubs that were disbanded in favour of the new unified competition. The Mariners were very unpopular here in Newcastle as they had been planted in the city by Murdoch in an effort to destroy the Knights who had stayed loyal to the ARL. There was a lot of ill feeling in a town that worships their rugby league team especially with the players who jumped ship and joined the Murdoch franchise like the Kimmorley brothers, Robbie Ross etc. the fact that the Storm went on to win the competition in their second season I guess those guys probably got the last laugh. I understand why people in this city who went through those times have no great love of the Storm but I think that for the rest of NSW it's probably more to do with the fact that Melbourne has usually been full of Qld SOO players. 

I hate watching the football on CH9 because I can't stand Gus Gould or Ray Warren as commentators (as well as the adds that they try and jamb in whenever there is a stoppage in play) unfortunately the only game that is not broadcast on Foxtel is the GF (I think the AFL maybe the same). 

BB



__________________

DavRo

2018 Grand Cherokee Limited - 2016 Retreat Fraser



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1047
Date:

The Belmont Bear wrote:
Cupie wrote:
Craig1 wrote:

Well, we weathered the Storms and WON!!.    Storm win N R L Grand Final. Good job they had big shoulders to carry the Sydney siders biased commentary and snide remarks.


 That bloody Gus Gould never changes.   Why Ch9 sticks with him I'll never know.  We just turn off the sound when he starts his usual rants.

 

A great win to the Sunshine Coast Storm ...  largely due to the Logan Lad.  Certainly not due to some poor refereeing.

 

I got two out of two .. Storm & Broncos 'Ladies'.  I don't follow kick & giggle / Aerial ping pong.  A good day.



-- Edited by Cupie on Tuesday 27th of October 2020 12:14:41 AM

I hate watching the football on CH9 because I can't stand Gus Gould or Ray Warren as commentators (as well as the adds that they try and jamb in whenever there is a stoppage in play) unfortunately the only game that is not broadcast on Foxtel is the GF (I think the AFL maybe the same). 

BB


 

Try watching AFL with creepy Bruce MacAvaney and BT...................yawnyawn



__________________

Bob and Jayne

Mt Barker WA

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook