check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel SmartBar Canegrowers rearview170 Cobb Grill Skid Row Recovery Gear Caravan Industry Association of Australia
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Towball Weight


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:
Towball Weight


    Wonder about the towball weight on this setup. Front axle of trailer is a lot further up inside the mudguard than is the rear axle, and rear of car appears to be a lot closer to the ground than does the front.  Another driver with no idea? Cheers

 

7D7D9E4D-7C39-43D5-BA7A-A92CBDF59466.png



Attachments
__________________

v

KJB


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 831
Date:

yobarr wrote:

    Wonder about the towball weight on this setup. Front axle of trailer is a lot further up inside the mudguard than is the rear axle, and rear of car appears to be a lot closer to the ground than does the front.  Another driver with no idea? Cheers

 

 

He might have "guessed it.."......KB

 

7D7D9E4D-7C39-43D5-BA7A-A92CBDF59466.png


 



__________________

KB



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8551
Date:

May have 1/2 tonne cocaine stashed in ships bow.


__________________

Possum; AKA:- Ali El-Aziz Mohamed Gundawiathan

Sent from my imperial66 typewriter using carrier pigeon, message sticks and smoke signals.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:

KJB wrote:
yobarr wrote:

    Wonder about the towball weight on this setup. Front axle of trailer is a lot further up inside the mudguard than is the rear axle, and rear of car appears to be a lot closer to the ground than does the front.  Another driver with no idea? Cheers 

He might have "guessed it"......KB


 Seems to be a popular method Kerry. He could also have used the universal cure-it-all WDH and made it really unsafe by taking weight off car's rear axle! Read "oversteer". Cheers



__________________

v



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:

Possum3 wrote:

May have 1/2 tonne cocaine stashed in ships bow.


 Hadn't considered that Possum! Maybe so? Cheers



__________________

v



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Date:

Wait till he fills the fuel and water tanks and the fridges....

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:

BarneyBDB wrote:

Wait till he fills the fuel and water tanks and the fridges....


Sounds about right Barney. No brain, and happy without one! Cheers 



__________________

v



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1170
Date:

There is a very good chance that boat would be exceeding that vehicles GCM amongst other things. But you are a stirrer yobarr. A WDH would probably assist in that situation but with that weight it would never get to an oversteer condition in a million years. Understeer more likely even with a WDH.

__________________

Greg O'Brien



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:

Greg 1 wrote:

There is a very good chance that boat would be exceeding that vehicles GCM amongst other things. But you are a stirrer yobarr. A WDH would probably assist in that situation but with that weight it would never get to an oversteer condition in a million years. Understeer more likely even with a WDH.


Hi Greg.  Must say that, given your vast experience in these matters, I am somewhat surprised that you would say that ". it would never get to an oversteer condition". You no doubt would know that a suitably large WDH can lift the rear wheels of a car off the ground? With no weight on that axle oversteer would be almost impossible to prevent.

You would, no doubt, realise that my tongue-in-cheek mention of a WDH in an earlier post was simply an attempt to include a bit of humour, as was the posting of the original picture?

                 Cheers



__________________

v



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1233
Date:

Id like to see him as he starts off down the ramp to launch.

Hope the brakes are serviced and good!

__________________

Regards Ian

 

Chaos, mayhem, confusion. Good my job here is done



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 5420
Date:

TheHeaths wrote:

Id like to see him as he starts off down  the ramp to launch.

Hope the brakes are serviced and good!


 And what about that little bus trying to tow that monstrosity up the ramp? Cheers



__________________

v



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Date:

TheHeaths wrote:

Id like to see him as he starts off down the ramp to launch.

Hope the brakes are serviced and good!


 A lot of Marinas are changing over to cranes. Far more efficient and foolproof as long as they don't let the boat owners drive them.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook