discover a comprehensive directory of free and low cost camps check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about Melbourne City Caravans Pet Accessories Secura Lifestyle special offer 6x6 Australia
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Where are the ukulele players?


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:
Where are the ukulele players?


A while back there was some interest shown by a few members in playing the uke, all seems to have gone quiet, have people lost interest or moved to forums dedicated to ukulele.

Recently had a tenor similar to this given to me as a birthday gift, good looking uke with very nice sound.smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz6rf72hhdE

Image result for Ziricote tenor



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2211
Date:

I'M HERE!!!

Heading to NSW north coast


lots of uke players around

__________________

Rosie



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

We're headed for the Foggy Mountain Bluegrass Festival in Oct, any others attending?



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1663
Date:

I'm still here, been playing the guitar & ukulele for 50 years. Bought myself an expensive mandolin a few weeks back, thought that it would be a good challenge as it's tuned totally different & the chords are also different. Going great so far. cowboy.gif Your new instrument looks great congratulations.thumbsup.gif

UKE 001 (1024x768).jpgUKE 002 (768x1024).jpg



-- Edited by Desert Dweller on Friday 1st of September 2017 08:30:49 AM

Attachments
__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

Nice looking mandolin DD, uke is challenge enough for me, only started 12 months ago.

With little experience in music and no one around in the area to assist, it's a real challenge for an old guy.smile

 



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1013
Date:

Some really nice instruments there DD,what is the amp in the background.



__________________

Blues man.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

Have to say I'm a little bemused, have tried a number of times to start a ukulele dedicated thread, each time it gets hijacked within a few posts, now we're talking guitars and amps.

Guess I'll have to go back to Ukulele Underground.confuse



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1663
Date:

Blues Man wrote:

Some really nice instruments there DD,what is the amp in the background.


Fender right next to my genuine Fender Telecaster. 

Lets get back to the ukulele for Santa's sake.

My ukulele is a tenor with Italian strings. The strings of a ukulele are actually tuned exactly the same as the bottom four strings of a guitar.

Lots of people learning ukulele these days, pretty easy to learn with a bit of patience.

Back when I learnt there was no internet which is a great help to beginners these days.

I like playing a wide variety of music on mine from rock, folk, jazz to Australian bush ballads. A very versatile instrument & doesn't take up too much room in our caravan when we're on

the road for a total of 6 months of every year.



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

Desert Dweller wrote:
Blues Man wrote:

Some really nice instruments there DD,what is the amp in the background.


Fender right next to my genuine Fender Telecaster. 

Lets get back to the ukulele for Santa's sake.

My ukulele is a tenor with Italian strings. The strings of a ukulele are actually tuned exactly the same as the bottom four strings of a guitar.

Lots of people learning ukulele these days, pretty easy to learn with a bit of patience.

Back when I learnt there was no internet which is a great help to beginners these days.

I like playing a wide variety of music on mine from rock, folk, jazz to Australian bush ballads. A very versatile instrument & doesn't take up too much room in our caravan when we're on

the road for a total of 6 months of every year.


 Thanks DD, appreciate the thought.smile Your right, the uke is easy to carry in a van, takes up very little room, I have a few of them, my favorites are tenor, I much prefer the tone.

Cant make out the brand name on yours????

Re tuning, standard for uke is G C E A, there are a couple of variations, takes all of my time coping with standard, Have changed the 4th G string on mine to a Wound low G, I prefer the sound.

I was under the impression E A D G B E is accepted standard for guitar.confuse

Re your Telecaster, the name is legendary, I believe they are pretty valuable now, in fact have been for many years, had a friend who owned one back in the early seventies, they were highly regarded even then.

Heather (my wife) recently bought a mountain dulcimer while we were in the US, she's coming along quite nicely.smile

 

 

 

 



-- Edited by Santa on Friday 1st of September 2017 04:30:19 PM



-- Edited by Santa on Friday 1st of September 2017 04:31:27 PM



-- Edited by Santa on Friday 1st of September 2017 04:31:57 PM

__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

I have always wanted to play an instrument,so the other day after reading this uke thread I was talking to SWMBO about them and low and behold my SWMBO as bought a uke for my Father's Day present from the fur baby.So now waiting for Father's Day breakfast and have a tinker with the uke ,have got plenty of you tube's and ear plugs at the ready.

Safe travels.

Trevor 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

Trevor law wrote:

I have always wanted to play an instrument,so the other day after reading this uke thread I was talking to SWMBO about them and low and behold my SWMBO as bought a uke for my Father's Day present from the fur baby.So now waiting for Father's Day breakfast and have a tinker with the uke ,have got plenty of you tube's and ear plugs at the ready.

Safe travels.

Trevor 


 Well done Trevor, keep us informed.smile



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Date:

We both play ukes, recently experienced a delightful afternoon as visitors with the Maleny group in the Men's Shed up there, with friends from Buderim who also have a few instruments. We nearly always have a play at our afternoon camps spots and would live to jam with fellow travellers.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

Not very good, fingers don't do what I tell them to do, but I will keep playing on. Safe travels, TREVOR

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2393
Date:

Perhaps we'll run into some of you like minded folk in a free camp one of these days.biggrin



__________________

Cheers,

Santa.

Moonta, Copper Coast, South Aust.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 200
Date:

You never know it's a big country but you still bump into fellow travellers ,hopefully we'll meet somewhere . Safe travels. Trevor

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook