discover a comprehensive directory of free and low cost camps check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about Melbourne City Caravans Pet Accessories 6x6 Australia Secura Lifestyle
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Life on the Road - How to Enter


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 637
Date:
Life on the Road - How to Enter


Welcome to our new ‘Life on the Road’ photo competition!  Our incredible first prize is a voucher for $1000 worth of tyres from Cooper Tires (http://www.coopertires.com.au/ )
To enter the competition, please create a new topic for each image that you submit (note that file size is limited to 5 mb for each photo).  Positive comments and discussion of images are welcome.  Click http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/featurespages/photocomp3rd.html for the rules and schedule of the competition. 
The  judge of our previous competition, Steve Jones, has agreed to once again choose the final ten photos of the competition.  Click http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/featurespages/jonesroad.html  to learn more about him.
Happy snapping!

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

Fabulous Prizes Cindy !!!!

You've outdone yourself and I expect the photos to pour in and I think there may be more entries than the last competition.

Let the clicking begin.

__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12401
Date:

I want those tyres!!!!

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Not really sure about this topic, is it picture's we have taken while on the road? or perhaps picture's that include a road?



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 637
Date:

The competition is really about capturing the spirit of life on the road.  It could be a picture of the road itself, of people enjoying happy hour drinks around a campfire, of yourself or others taking a scenic bushwalk, of a rig in a nice setting, etc. If the picture tells a story, so much the better.  The topic is pretty broad so it can be interpreted in many different ways.



__________________


Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

thanks Cindy, most of the pics posted follow that theme, so will go along with that, as you say a broad topic, btw a very good one, allows one to express themselves through photography.



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

I might put a couple of photos on, but I am removing myself from the competition in fairness as I won the last one.

Good luck to everyone !!!

__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 993
Date:

Dunco wrote:

I might put a couple of photos on, but I am removing myself from the competition in fairness as I won the last one.

Good luck to everyone !!!


 Dunco, I for one feel disappointed about you not competing in the photo comp.

The comp is open to grey nomads and you qualify and any other comp doesn't restrict previous winners.

Please enter and defend your crown, also don't deny us the privilidge of seeing some great photo's.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way...

GO FOR IT DUNCO!!!!!!



__________________

Life is too important to be taken seriously!!!



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

gubby wrote:
Dunco wrote:

I might put a couple of photos on, but I am removing myself from the competition in fairness as I won the last one.

Good luck to everyone !!!


 Dunco, I for one feel disappointed about you not competing in the photo comp.

The comp is open to grey nomads and you qualify and any other comp doesn't restrict previous winners.

Please enter and defend your crown, also don't deny us the privilidge of seeing some great photo's.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way...

GO FOR IT DUNCO!!!!!!


 I do not agree with you, I think Dunco should stay out of the comp, he won last time, on second thought's he can join in but only if he win's he can keep the tyres and give me the sat phonebiggrinbiggrinbiggrin

(come on Dunco start submitting NOW) that's an order



__________________

 

                                 



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12401
Date:

I agree totally with you two silly b...........s above. Of course he can enter, but if he wins I want the tyres.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Happywanderer wrote:

I agree totally with you two silly b...........s above. Of course he can enter, but if he wins I want the tyres.


 No No No No No if he wins he keeps the tyres or I will not get the sat phone biggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

Hahaha....I will submit some photos soon, but NOT in the competition.

Thanks gang.....and I am taking the SatPhone to Sth Africa in a few weeks biggrin



-- Edited by Dunco on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 04:55:10 PM

__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Dunco wrote:

Hahaha....I will submit some photos soon, but NOT in the competition.

Thanks gang.....and I am taking the SatPhone to Sth Africa in a few weeks biggrin



-- Edited by Dunco on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 04:55:10 PM


 They only work in Australia, so while you are away I can look after it for you biggrinbiggrin

I will not look at your photo's unless they are in the compnono



-- Edited by _wombat_ on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 05:48:27 PM

__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 993
Date:

Dunco wrote:

Hahaha....I will submit some photos soon, but NOT in the competition.

Thanks gang.....and I am taking the SatPhone to Sth Africa in a few weeks biggrin



-- Edited by Dunco on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 04:55:10 PM


 C'mon Dunco, how would it be if the Melbourne Cup winner from last year didn't compete as they won it last year, or if the premiership football team pulled out of the comp because they won the previous year......

C'mon Dunco, give it your best shot....



__________________

Life is too important to be taken seriously!!!



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Dunco, If you want me to look after the sat phone I will do it free of charge biggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

Sorry Wombat...it is going with me as it DOES work over there. Want me to ring you from there

__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Dunco wrote:

Sorry Wombat...it is going with me as it DOES work over there. Want me to ring you from there


 Now that is really silly, how can you ring me when you don't have my phone number?

and I thought gubby and Vic are silly, looks like we have another one.biggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

_wombat_ wrote:
Dunco wrote:

Sorry Wombat...it is going with me as it DOES work over there. Want me to ring you from there


 Now that is really silly, how can you ring me when you don't have my phone number?

and I thought gubby and Vic are silly, looks like we have another one.biggrin


 

 

Now, you know I used to be a Cop !!

So, WHO says I don't have your numberbiggrin



__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

got a new one last week 0408 275 873



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

_wombat_ wrote:

got a new one last week 0408 275 873


 

That is not the one my sources give me.....



__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

your right, I lied biggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 370
Date:

Expect a visit from people dressed in black with machine guns...can't lie to the cops mate

__________________

Gary

www.gdaustralia.com



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

you ain't a cop now, but then again biggrin

hey I thought crims lied to cops all the time biggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 277
Date:

_wombat_ wrote:

hey I thought crims lied to cops all the time biggrin


 Crims might, but I'm sure wombats dont.......



__________________


Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

rosco wrote:
_wombat_ wrote:

hey I thought crims lied to cops all the time biggrin


 Crims might, but I'm sure wombats dont.......


 Oh yes we do biggrinbiggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

hmmm my son-in-law to be is a cop



__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Nothing wrong with cops AJ, but I do think they are way underpaid for what they do.



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

He seems to always be home ... our one.... 



__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

That's shift work for you, I did it for 20years, shift work I mean not being a copperbiggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

I feel real sorry for Steve, there are so many shots to go through.



__________________

 

                                 

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook