discover a comprehensive directory of free and low cost camps check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about Melbourne City Caravans Pet Accessories
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Our Current Trip To North Western Victoria - Part 2


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1596
Date:
Our Current Trip To North Western Victoria - Part 2


After leaving Yaapeet Beach campground we headed to Casuarina campground in the Pine Plains area of Wyperfeld National Park.

Camp pano (1024x244).jpg

Panoramic view of Casuarina campground which is surrounded by a horseshoe shaped sand dune.

WF2 (1024x711).jpg

Southern Whiteface.

WB Babbler (950x635).jpg

White-browed Babbler.

str he 2 (1024x748) (950x694).jpg

Striped Honeyeater.

Female Galah (1024x711).jpg

Female Galah. Male has a brown eye, female has a pink eye.

Oz pig morning. (950x713).jpg

Ozpig Morning.

We then moved on to Lake Becking campground (dry salt) in the Pink Lakes area of Murray-Sunset National Park.

Salt lake (1024x375).jpg

Lake Crosbie Panoramic.

Camp (1024x411).jpg

Lake Becking campground (two sites) & surrounds.

mulga stick (1024x695).jpg

Male Mulga Parrot.

Miss mulga (1024x675).jpg

Female Mulga Parrot.

Bluebonnet (1024x647).jpg

Bluebonnet.

Ringneck (1024x702).jpg

Mallee Ringneck.

jacky winter (1024x709).jpg

Jacky Winter.

pardy (1024x701).jpg

Striated Pardalote.

Crested bellbird (1024x693).jpg

Crested Bellbird.

Boil the billy (1024x768).jpg

Boil the Billy, it's freezing!

Temp gauge (606x1024).jpg

Lets get in the fridge, where it's warmer!

Mulga Number 1 (1024x683).jpg

Victoria's Mallee, the ''Land Of The Parrots''.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers Keith & Judy



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 617
Date:

putting stuff in fridge to keep it warm??

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 738
Date:

Once again great pics DD

Thank you..

BTW the galah looks like it has a brown eye to me..biggrin



-- Edited by Dickodownunder on Thursday 17th of May 2018 03:05:54 PM

__________________

 

"Seek the truth or bury you head in the sand, both require some digging"


Geoff

Travel Safely



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1596
Date:

Dickodownunder wrote:

Once again great pics DD

Thank you..

BTW the galah looks like it has a brown eye to me..biggrin



-- Edited by Dickodownunder on Thursday 17th of May 2018 03:05:54 PM


Nope, definitely a female, here's a male for comparison.

Ken (807x1024).jpg

 



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 250
Date:

Stunning photos,again.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Date:

Hi Keith and Judy, We saw the Mulga Parrots when we camped there a few years ago . They are a beautiful looking bird. Rod.

__________________
Mez


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

Hi Keith and Judy, thank you for such beautiful photos, can not wait for us to be on the road and see those beautiful places and birds in real life. I was wondering , do you have a very sophisticated camera to take your photos? thank you, Cheers Mez & Christian

__________________
Mez & Christian


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1596
Date:

Mez wrote:

Hi Keith and Judy, thank you for such beautiful photos, can not wait for us to be on the road and see those beautiful places and birds in real life. I was wondering , do you have a very sophisticated camera to take your photos? thank you, Cheers Mez & Christian


Both of us use DSLR cameras & 600mm lenses, about $2500 worth for each of us. You can spend a lot more than that though.

For general photography (not wildlife) we both have Panasonic Lumix TZ70 travel cameras which cost around $450 each.

If you don't want to spend too much at places like JB Hifi or Harvey Norman you can buy Canon & Nikon DSLR cameras which come with two lenses as a set, one short one & one long telephoto.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/cameras/dslr/canon/canon-eos-200d-dslr-camera-w-guided-display-twin-lens-kit/991222/

 



-- Edited by Desert Dweller on Friday 18th of May 2018 04:35:19 PM

__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 

Mez


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:

Thank you very much for replying . Have a great evening . Mez


__________________
Mez & Christian


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

As usual they are brilliant shots DD.

Where was the fridge when ambient was zero - I hope not in the van, BRRRRRRRRRR.

__________________

AKA; Ali El-Aziz Mohamed Gundawiathan

Sent from my imperial66 typewriter using carrier pigeon



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1596
Date:

Possum3 wrote:

As usual they are brilliant shots DD.

Where was the fridge when ambient was zero - I hope not in the van, BRRRRRRRRRR.


The temp gauge reads the temp inside our caravan fridge, it's the only fridge we have. We don't need a beer fridge in the tub of our ute, we're both red wine drinkers. smilesmile 



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:

Magnificent photos DD. Takes me back to the times I rode my horses through these same areas years ago. We used to ride in from Hattah in a Westerly direction and eventually come out after nine days, having viewed the Pink Lakes, to Underbool. Hot showers and a counter-meal were very welcome. We then rode back to the Ouyen Race course (where we left our horses) along the tree-lined strip beside the highway, and were car-pooled back to pick up our cars and floats from Hattah. We had flimsy nylon tents and I remember well how freezing it got at night. Pretty windy too - I remember our back-up vehicle chasing a nylon igloo tent across the plains when the tent pegs supplied were not long enough for the sand. We used to go up at end of August.

.. Val  smilesmile



__________________

Sheffield-er



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1596
Date:

Sheffield-er wrote:

Magnificent photos DD. Takes me back to the times I rode my horses through these same areas years ago. We used to ride in from Hattah in a Westerly direction and eventually come out after nine days, having viewed the Pink Lakes, to Underbool. Hot showers and a counter-meal were very welcome. We then rode back to the Ouyen Race course (where we left our horses) along the tree-lined strip beside the highway, and were car-pooled back to pick up our cars and floats from Hattah. We had flimsy nylon tents and I remember well how freezing it got at night. Pretty windy too - I remember our back-up vehicle chasing a nylon igloo tent across the plains when the tent pegs supplied were not long enough for the sand. We used to go up at end of August.

.. Val  smilesmile


You obviously know the area well Val. We've had many trips up to the Mallee over many years. Our first few were under canvas & it does get freezing overnight & early morning.

 



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2650
Date:

A great collection of parrot photos, yes beautiful parots. Thank you for sharing your travels though your camera.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook