VanGo Caravan Services check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales How to help support the Grey Nomad Times
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Gone Fishin'


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:
Gone Fishin'


Yep, we're off fishing with our boat, sleeping under canvas for a month.

The caravan is locked & covered at home.

We'll be targeting Dusky Flathead & Black Bream in East Gippsland VIC.

Fishing has been one of our favorite hobbies for over 40 years.

We do plenty of land based fishing too when we're away with our caravan.

Are there any other keen fisho's out there on the forum?

Boat  (1024x768).jpg

 



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 229
Date:

will expect to see exagerated arms length flatties in photos

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1398
Date:

Half your luck DD, Flathead Fillets breakfast, lunch and dinner - on the grill, maybe a spud double wrapped in foil in the embers of a night is sittin' on Heaven's doorstep.

__________________

AKA; Ali El-Aziz Mohamed Gundawiathan

Sent from my imperial66 typewriter using carrier pigeon



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 966
Date:

We've been eating black bream and sand whiting for months since we have returned home from our winter escape- getting a bit booring really. ad thought we might take the van out to Lake Tyers on the weekend but weather not looking too good.

__________________

Jenny and Barry

2009 Roma Elegance / 2013 Colorado. Permanent travellers since 2011 - but have to work some of the time.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:

Possum3 wrote:

Half your luck DD, Flathead Fillets breakfast, lunch and dinner - on the grill, maybe a spud double wrapped in foil in the embers of a night is sittin' on Heaven's doorstep.


 Flattie fillets are around $55 per kilo at the moment, ridiculous!

We have some great recipes for our catch.

We do a great garlic seafood mornay type pasta sauce & fillets coated with a garlic parmesan crust, YUM!



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 412
Date:

DD

Don't forget to pack the Panko Bread Crumbs, they are the best by far. Great on Flathead, Bream, KG Whiting, Rainbow Trout, Snapper.

I'm planning a trip to the Cape, starting off in June and I will be fishing all the way up.

Tight lines

Hendo


__________________

Never get so busy making a living

that you forget to make a life



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:

Hendo wrote:

DD

Don't forget to pack the Panko Bread Crumbs, they are the best by far. Great on Flathead, Bream, KG Whiting, Rainbow Trout, Snapper.

I'm planning a trip to the Cape, starting off in June and I will be fishing all the way up.

Tight lines

Hendo


 Go on a fishin' trip without these, you're jokin'! smilesmile

Panko 001 (1024x768).jpg



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 843
Date:

Flathead great to eat worth targeting for that alone,but If your after excitement there of little value...



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:

Ron-D wrote:

Flathead great to eat worth targeting for that alone,but If your after excitement there of little value...


 When your rod tip almost hits the water, 40 meters of line is ripped off the spool & the rod is nearly torn out of the rod holder when a 6-7 pounder hits it's exciting.  omg.gifomg.gif

Catching flatties out in the ocean in deep water is pretty boring though.yawn.gifyawn.gif

We love the Bream, they fight well & taste great.smilesmile

 .Coota Feb 2016 020 (1024x654).jpg



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 199
Date:

DD,hope the fishing is better up there this year than last year,the year before was great.

Get plenty of those blood mussels,might be up there in Mid. March.

 



-- Edited by Plain Truth on Thursday 15th of February 2018 08:26:00 PM

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:

Plain Truth wrote:

DD,hope the fishing is better up there this year than last year,the year before was great.

Get plenty of those blood mussels,might be up there in Mid. March.

 



-- Edited by Plain Truth on Thursday 15th of February 2018 08:26:00 PM


 In 20 years we've never been out in our boat without coming back to shore with a decent feed of fish.smilesmile

Our son was there a few weeks back, they were biting well, Flatties on live Mullet & Bream on local Prawn.winkwink



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 391
Date:

Half your luck, DD!

Just take a picture of an osprey zooming in to swipe your fish as you bring it in!

__________________

Warren

----------------------------------

If you don't get it done today, there's always tomorrow!

Nissan Patrol ST 2004/4.2TDi & gas injection/2011 17' Jayco Discovery Outback



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1130
Date:

Warren-Pat_01 wrote:

Half your luck, DD!

Just take a picture of an osprey zooming in to swipe your fish as you bring it in!


 Plenty of Sea Eagles around. Ospreys have been seen in the area as well.smilesmile

sea eagle (1024x766).jpg



__________________

Cheers Keith & Judy

Nature, the Cathedral of awe.

Trip Reports posted on feathersandphotos.com.au Go to Forums then Trip Reports.

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook