I'd just like to add that any commentator that says the hit on Walsh should be a send-off in the NRL but be allowed in Origin should be sacked immediately.
Gundog said
10:42 AM Jun 6, 2024
smwhiskey wrote:
I'd just like to add that any commentator that says the hit on Walsh should be a send-off in the NRL but be allowed in Origin should be sacked immediately.
From what I watched last night the ejection from the game of the NSW player was the correct decision, the majority of the NSW RL media were supportative of the send off.
But I think send off or sin binning of a player is to great of a penalty, the player should be able to replaced with an interchange player, with a cost of 2 reductions of the interchanges allowed. In effect NSW could have 6 interchanges instead of 8, and have 13 players on the field, even then NSW would have still struggled because their entire interchange bench of 4 forwards could not cover for a Center/Winger.
A lot of the media suggested that the Qld coach had made an error with having not enough forwards on the interchange bench, in hindsight Coach Slater was right by having Cobbo on the bench to cover the loss of a back.
DMaxer said
10:50 AM Jun 6, 2024
I think commentators should say whatever they like. Whether the public choose to agree or disagree is a matter for the public.Just because someone holds a certain view does not mean everyone else has to also agree or be sacked.
Kebbin said
11:12 AM Jun 6, 2024
Suaali deserved to be sent they were clearly going to target Walsh, things may have went wrong but that is irrelevant what's done is done.
DMaxer said
08:25 AM Jun 7, 2024
Yes it was a bad tackle made worse by the fact that Walsh slipped. I thought that it should have been on report and 10 in the bin. The game was over after that.
This bleating about Walsh being targeted, of course certain players are targeted on both sides. I think Walsh would understand how Suuali felt having been sent off himself last year for head butting an opponents face.
Magnarc said
08:49 AM Jun 7, 2024
Thoroughly enjoyed the game and seeing the Blues getting their backsides massaged.
Always watch origin cos I know that those guys are putting in 110%. Don't know much about the rules but that bump looked pretty bad to me.
Will be watching the return at the G with great interest.
Gundog said
09:47 AM Jun 7, 2024
DMaxer wrote:
Yes it was a bad tackle made worse by the fact that Walsh slipped. I thought that it should have been on report and 10 in the bin. The game was over after that. This bleating about Walsh being targeted, of course certain players are targeted on both sides. I think Walsh would understand how Suuali felt having been sent off himself last year for head butting an opponents face.
I beg to differ a common justification from NSW supporers that RW was slipping, incorrect watch the footage He was in the process of passing the ball, where JS launched himself like a scud missle at RW, wether or not his intent was to target the body is irrevelent because his sholder made direct contact with the head forcfully and carlessly, with no attempt to wrap his arms around the target.
Direction from the bunker put on report and send off, match review offered Joe 4 week for an early plea or 5 if he want to plead his case.
JayDee said
07:16 AM Jun 8, 2024
Was Reece Walsh supposed to stand there like a telegraph pole and pass the ball so that he would have then been hit, so it then becomes a legit tackle?
C'mon, it seems to me that Walsh was targeted because of parts of his brilliant football.
Oh Yes, note that there was not one, not one, biff in the game after that decision. A good message to all the players on the field.
Think of all the many biffs that took place in previous games.
Bring on game 2.
Jay&Dee
DMaxer said
07:28 AM Jun 8, 2024
I think if they had adopted the same policies they have today over the course of origin football most games would have been contested by sides of single digits.
With the potential of massive legal actions for sustained head injuries looming in the future, the administration has to show they have done all they can to protect the players.
As to stopping the biff by sending off Suaalii I guess we can draw the same conclusion in relation to head butts by marching Walsh last year.
Craig1 said
05:26 PM Jun 27, 2024
Wow, 90,000 Victorians rev up the Blues.
Our mate Billy looked a little down.
DMaxer said
06:18 PM Jun 27, 2024
MCG locals support anyone that is playing against NSW and much the same in Sydney when VIC teams play here.
I think Billy and his band found out that NSW are a much different proposition when they play with 13 and not 12.
A total demolition in the first half. Now comes the hard bit, Lang Park. Should be a cracker.
Gundog said
09:40 PM Jun 27, 2024
Qld Ladies have won the SoO series in Townsville tonight.
Southern Cruizer said
07:17 PM Jun 28, 2024
Watched that game and it was a cracker of a game. Mind you, watching them I would hate to be hit head on with some of them, built like brick sh**houses and I think they might damage my aging body
Game 1 is done and dusted Qld won.
In Billy we Trust.
I'd just like to add that any commentator that says the hit on Walsh should be a send-off in the NRL but be allowed in Origin should be sacked immediately.
From what I watched last night the ejection from the game of the NSW player was the correct decision, the majority of the NSW RL media were supportative of the send off.
But I think send off or sin binning of a player is to great of a penalty, the player should be able to replaced with an interchange player, with a cost of 2 reductions of the interchanges allowed. In effect NSW could have 6 interchanges instead of 8, and have 13 players on the field, even then NSW would have still struggled because their entire interchange bench of 4 forwards could not cover for a Center/Winger.
A lot of the media suggested that the Qld coach had made an error with having not enough forwards on the interchange bench, in hindsight Coach Slater was right by having Cobbo on the bench to cover the loss of a back.
Thoroughly enjoyed the game and seeing the Blues getting their backsides massaged.
Always watch origin cos I know that those guys are putting in 110%. Don't know much about the rules but that bump looked pretty bad to me.
Will be watching the return at the G with great interest.
I beg to differ a common justification from NSW supporers that RW was slipping, incorrect watch the footage He was in the process of passing the ball, where JS launched himself like a scud missle at RW, wether or not his intent was to target the body is irrevelent because his sholder made direct contact with the head forcfully and carlessly, with no attempt to wrap his arms around the target.
Direction from the bunker put on report and send off, match review offered Joe 4 week for an early plea or 5 if he want to plead his case.
Was Reece Walsh supposed to stand there like a telegraph pole and pass the ball so that he would have then been hit, so it then becomes a legit tackle?
C'mon, it seems to me that Walsh was targeted because of parts of his brilliant football.
Oh Yes, note that there was not one, not one, biff in the game after that decision. A good message to all the players on the field.
Think of all the many biffs that took place in previous games.
Bring on game 2.
Jay&Dee
Our mate Billy looked a little down.
Qld Ladies have won the SoO series in Townsville tonight.