check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel Lithium Batteries Learn more about Sat Phone Sales Learn more about our special Townsvile rates Learn more about our Pet Travel Accessories Learn more about our CPAP machines designed for caravans
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Capturing creatures - how to enter


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 623
Date:
Capturing creatures - how to enter


Welcome to our new ‘Capturing Creatures’ photo competition! To enter, please create a new topic for each image that you post (please try to limit the file size of images so that they don’t exceed 2mb each). Click http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/featurespages/photocomp4th.html  for the rules, schedule and a brief description of the prizes you could win. All prizes have been generously donated by Brilliant Prints.
Positive comments and discussion of images are welcome.
The judge of our previous competition, Steve Jones, has agreed to once again choose the final ten photos of the competition.  Click
http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/featurespages/jonesanimal.html  to learn more about him.
Happy snapping!

 

 

 



__________________


The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12368
Date:

On to it, wheres my camera!!

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

WOW Brilliant Prints, great company, I only want 1st 2nd & 3rd prize biggrinbiggrin



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 828
Date:

_wombat_ wrote:

WOW Brilliant Prints, great company, I only want 1st 2nd & 3rd prize biggrinbiggrin


 Well you'd better get moving Wombat. No entry no prize.  Time is running out!!!biggrinbiggrinbiggrin



__________________
Robyn & Ted  Livin' Dream

http://pricey43.blogspot.com


Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

pricey43 wrote:
_wombat_ wrote:

WOW Brilliant Prints, great company, I only want 1st 2nd & 3rd prize biggrinbiggrin


 Well you'd better get moving Wombat. No entry no prize.  Time is running out!!!biggrinbiggrinbiggrin


 I just entered one biggrinbiggrinbiggrin



__________________

 

                                 



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12368
Date:

wombat, perhaps you can explain 1st prize, what is a lumitile. I have never heard of that word before.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

Happywanderer wrote:

wombat, perhaps you can explain 1st prize, what is a lumitile. I have never heard of that word before.


 Hi HW, here's a site to look at, this is a link from Brilliant Print's site, looks like its an acrylic tile box looking thing, with your pic stuck to the back of it, not 100% sure

http://www.lumitiles.com.au/?gclid=COaHjKKc6q8CFfBSpgod4UKx8A




-- Edited by _wombat_ on Sunday 6th of May 2012 09:14:45 AM

__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

cool.. I love taking critter photos and we'll be off soon to a property where I can go find me some wildlife running around the bush!!!! I'm going to have a ball with this one :)

__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

AmandaJayne wrote:

cool.. I love taking critter photos and we'll be off soon to a property where I can go find me some wildlife running around the bush!!!! I'm going to have a ball with this one :)


 when I saw the topic for this comp my first thought was AJ



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

when I saw it I had a grin from ear to ear... tis my favorite subject material... I just adore wildlife... now I need to have a few dry days around these parts for me to go find some... its been cloudy,wet and windy and will be for the next few days... I really don't want to catch a cold.... and I'm pretty sure the kangaroos won't be sunning themselves without the sun.... let alone the goannas.... I think I might go find me a few of those too!!!!



__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



Master (of Mischief)

Status: Offline
Posts: 10942
Date:

AmandaJayne wrote:

when I saw it I had a grin from ear to ear... tis my favorite subject material... I just adore wildlife... now I need to have a few dry days around these parts for me to go find some... its been cloudy,wet and windy and will be for the next few days... I really don't want to catch a cold.... and I'm pretty sure the kangaroos won't be sunning themselves without the sun.... let alone the goannas.... I think I might go find me a few of those too!!!!


 you could get some great shots in the rain



__________________

 

                                 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

I could but I was thinking my camera might get wet and I can't afford to have anything go wrong with it..... looks like a storm is brewing outside atm... I must look at the weather site!!!

__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12368
Date:

You might already have some good ones in storage Amandajayne. I am busy browsing back through mine.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 800
Date:

Thankyou but it's always good to go out there to get new ones... the whole idea of this trip for me is to go out and take photos of wildlife.... when theres not a storm around..... *looks outside window*



__________________

http://arewethereyetaj.blogspot.com.au/

My travel blog as we trip around Oz



The Master

Status: Offline
Posts: 12368
Date:

Some advise I should heed myself. Always take your camera with you, never know what you might come across.
Wandered up town today, First sight I came across was a lady sitting on a seat chatting to others and on her shoulder was the most colourful parrot I have ever seen, Really beautiful
Then as I walked passed the Friendly Grocer there was the owners large ginger cat sunning himself in the doorway, would need to step around or over him, he was not moving.
Camera left at home.

__________________




Happy Wanderer    

Don't worry, Be Happy! 

Live! Like someone left the gate open

 

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook